Make Speedgrader more ergonomic

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Currently I grade by using a rubric and/or making a comment on the bottom right of the page, going back up the page to fill in or verify the grade, and then have to move my cursor up to the top left of the page to click the arrow to get to the next student. I would like a "next" button right next to the grade that will take me to the next student. There should be a similar button at the bottom of the comment box, i.e. "submit comment and next". And pleeeeeease make the type bigger in the comment box. Reduce clicks and mousing.

8 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi  @hoovenl ​. Thanks for your submission. There is an idea already open for voting called . Your idea is fairly similar to this in that the goal is to make grading in speedgrader much more efficient. This idea will be archived for now. If you think it is significantly different than the idea above, please let me know and we'll move it forward for consideration.

Otherwise, I would recommend that you post your feedback to the other idea thread and cast your vote there.

Smiley Happy

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@hoovenl 

Take a look at this video -

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)
(this shows how to use quick shortcut keys to grade, use rubric, comment, and move to the next student)

Also, you can click Ctrl+PLUS (PC) or CMD+PLUS (Mac) several times to increase the size of text in the comment box 😉 Press Ctrl+MINUS (PC) or CMD+MINUS (Mac) to make text smaller, or Ctrl+0 (PC) or CMD+0 (Mac) to return back to default browser resolution.

I hope this helps!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@hoovenl ​

Does this new project meet your needs?  You can check it out in beta, as of yesterday!  Canvas Studio: Speedgrader™ Facelift

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Find more information in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-08-06)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @hoovenl  for submitting this idea and contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed