Drill Down to Individual Students

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In the visual reporting of the Quiz Statistics, I'd like to be able to drill down to the individual students who selected an answer. For example, image a T/F question where the graph showed 10% of the students, or 5 students, selected the incorrect false. Currently, the only information provided in the float-over is the percent and number. What if I could click on the float over and see the names of the 5 students who selected false? The would be a very easy way to identify those who require remediation.

Comment from Instructure

We have some great news!

Check out the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-10-10) for more information!

Quizzes

Quiz Question Breakdown by User

When instructors view the breakdown of a quiz question, they can see the number of respondents for each answer choice. This statistic is in addition to the percentage of respondents. Instructors can click the respondents link to view the names of the students who chose each specific answer.

8 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for your submission, roberrol​. Were you able to grab this information from downloading the Student Analysis report (.csv) of the quiz? This is the raw data generated from the quiz statistics and it should list the names of the students you are looking for. Smiley Happy

Looking forward to your feedback.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

You can find directions for viewing the analysis report here Once I publish my Quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available?

A00017008
Community Member

Because so few people voted on the "Drill Down to Individual Students" feature idea, for which the voting period has expired, I thought it best to let interested parties know that I've reinitiated this request in the form of a new feature idea​ on which the community might like to vote.  I hope I'm not the only one who would tremendously appreciate Canvas restoring instructors' abilities to see which students selected each quiz answer directly within the Quiz Statistics page (instead of needing to download and comb through cumbersome spreadsheets).

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

We have some great news!

Check out the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-10-10) for more information!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to roberrol for submitting this idea, as well as, A00017008 for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed