Open GoogleDocs within Speedgrader (not as separate tab)

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote Wed. August 5, 2015 - Wed. November 4, 2015  Learn more about voting...

Up until recently, when I clicked a GoogleDoc link within Speedgrader, it would open within the window, allowing me to make comments on their GoogleDoc and within Rubric.  Now it opens in a new tab requiring me to flip back and forth between the Rubric and the document.  Can we make it go back to opening within Speedgrader?

Comment from Instructure

This function was restored.

6 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@melissa_ringfie ​ does   meet what you are looking for?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Renee_Carney , I'm pretty sure what  @melissa_ringfie ​ is referencing is the recent change to "Online Submission URLs" - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4224#jive_content_id_SpeedGrader, not the need to actually use Crocodoc to grade the Google Doc submissions. This is per her post - Can I open GoogleDoc links within Speedgrader (not in a new tab)?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you Kona!

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

124984_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed