Make copying assignments easier

I want the ability to copy assignments from course to course to be MUCH easier and more intuitive (like it is in SCHOOLOGY!!).  I want this in the tool menu (the gear) within each assignment itself.  You would click the gear when you are on the assignment you want to EXPORT, then tell Canvas into which course to put the assignment.  Then it would give you the option to change the due date or alter other details.

7 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@sbaumgarten ​

Thank you for your contribution to our community!  I am going to archive this idea as a duplicate.

Please add your comments to " modifiedtitle="true" title="Copy an Assignment ​ and make sure to follow and bookmark this idea to receive updates from our product team as they are available.  You will find a great conversation about copying in general at Copy Anything in Canvas (Redux)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-07-15) 

tmoore8
Community Member

I know this is old but i don't want to submit the same request and have the same thing happen. Based on all of the release notes I could find and all current features in canvas, this was NOT solved or implemented. Copying assignments from one course to another is very step heavy. I have to either just create the assignment again in every course, or go to settings, import course content, specific content.... I want to be able to create an assignment, while creating it, check a box or drop down that says "also create it this course" or something similar. Or if that isn't possible at least click on the assignment afterward and duplicate it to other courses, not just the same course. I believe that is what this user was requesting. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

tmoore 

There are many ways to copy content from course to another, now.  Have you explored using a blueprint course?

How do I sync course content in a blueprint course as an instructor? 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

I knew there was another idea, but I was struggling to find it a few minutes ago.  You might want to vote and comment on https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6078-fast-easy-way-to-copy-content-on-the-fly 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed