Change calendar back to showing full descriptions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When opening the calendar until yesterday, I could see all the assignments due on one day. Now, they are condensed in an all crammed together mess of colored boxes, as I usually have at least six assignment on one day, preventing me from visualizing the various individual assignments. It looks like they tried to fit the whole month on one page, but I was fine with the way it was before only seeing a few weeks at a time, but with bigger spaces for the days to accomodate multiple assignments. A setting to change it back or to zoom in and out would be great.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-04-23)

50 Comments
kmeeusen
Community Champion

I just checked my calendars at both schools, and they look like they always have. I would suggest turning in a bug report to Canvas Support.

kona
Community Champion

I'm not seeing anything different here either. Everything looks the same as it did last week.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Annabelle,

Is it possible that you are switching back and forth between Week, Month, and Agenda views?  Or maybe that you have changed which courses you are having filter?

Screenshot 2015-11-23 10.02.29.png

Screenshot 2015-11-23 10.05.11.png

webb031
Community Novice

I did send a report and Canvas told me to use this forum...?? But I don't

think it is a bug as others in my class see it the same way I do. No, it

doesn't have anything to do w/the week, month, agenda settings. Thanks

On Monday, November 23, 2015, scottd@instructure.com <instructure@jiveon.com>

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Annabelle,

As far as I can tell, nothing was changed over the weekend or recently with how your institution's instance of Canvas is configured.  I logged in as you and found your calendar toggled to show the monthly view.  You can switch if from week to month to agenda.  Based on your description, I'm guessing Agenda will be your preference.

Thanks

webb031
Community Novice

now

before

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 1:27 PM, scottd@instructure.com <

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Annabelle,

I'd very much like to see your screenshots.  Unfortunately they didn't come through in your reply in the thread.  Please feel free to email them to scottd@instructure.com

RobDitto
Community Champion

@webb031 , do the screenshots in today'sCalendar View discussion resemble yours?  Based on that discussion, it seems others are beginning to notice the same differences you did. I think that as of last weekend's release, the boxes in Month view have become much shorter than in previous releases.

For now, what might help with this issue on a laptop or desktop computer is to let your pointer (mouse or trackpad) hover over each box.  By doing that, you'll see more information about each assignment, event or appointment as a pop-up tip.

webb031
Community Novice

yes, it now looks like that and not only on my computer screen, but on my

phone as well. I know that hovering will show what is there, but that

defeats the whole purpose of having an immediate visual of all of the

assignments, which are sometimes 6 or more on the same day. I will just

stop using the calendar, unless it is changed. Smiley Sad

webb031
Community Novice

trying to show the screen shot again: after L, before R

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 4:49 PM, dittor@wharton.upenn.edu <