[Rubrics] Inherited Ratings Scales on Rubrics/Outcomes

Idea open for vote Wed. January 6, 2016 - Wed. April 6, 2016  Learn more about voting...

It would  be easier when creating rubrics and outcomes if the "Ratings" scale could be inherited for each new outcome.  In other words, if the ratings scale on the first outcome is changed from 5-3-0 to 4-3-2-1-0, that scale and associated titles for each number in the scale needs to show up on the next new outcome or need the ability to copy the scale.  Reproducing the scale for each new outcome is time consuming.

I understand this has been raised before without enough votes but this would save a lot of time.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

15 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

85738_pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_0.png

Thank you for your Feature Idea submission. We wanted to call your attention to   which was submitted in a different voting period, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference this idea for any insight.

Your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers who you think would be supporters, as well.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. January 6, 2016 - Wed. April 6, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

sadenniston
Community Contributor

This shouldn't be a feature request - sounds like basic functionality to me! Voted anyway.

Sigh - love Canvas but devil is in the detail sometimes...

cwerner
Community Participant

It would be a huge time saver if rubric rating scales could be duplicated in a rubric build.  I'd rather be able to copy a rating scale and then take the time to go back and "tweek" it than having to create each row separately.  That's a lot of time when your building a rubric with 150 criteria!   Thanks for listening! Smiley Happy

gniklason
Community Member

Similar to what has been asked already, being able to set a rating scale as my personal 'default' would be extremely helpful.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

178717_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is one of the lucky ones that was selected to get a little more time for voting as part of our evolution of the feature idea process.   It was selected because of it's vote count and/or comment thread.  

*Selection criteria: Most (not all) ideas that received 70+ votes in their initial voting round.

tbunag
Community Champion

This would have literally saved me days of work in the past.  Maybe the following would be interested in this feature: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-focus-group-outcomes?sr=search&searchId=2b35ffd6-e2b3-...

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach
tbunag
Community Champion

I hadn't seen this yet.  Thank you!  I hadn't done a search recently.  I use some of James's scripts already, and every one makes my life easier.  I'll definitely be trying out this one.  I have a few faculty I'll want to give this to, once I test it out a little.

James's script still requires Outcomes to be pre-built if they are added to a rubric, so I'd still want the feature noted in this Idea.