myHomework

There is an app that many of my students use called "myHomework" that is a school planner with calendar functionality. I already use Canvas so why put all the due dates and assignments into the app as an administrator, when the calendar and assignments can just be linked.

This is a very helpful app when put to use properly. So why not add an access token for the myHomework app and transfer all assignments and calendar events into the app to save some hassle from the tassel. I am hoping that my idea will be taken into consideration and this will not only help me, but others too.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

5 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

nathangarff

This is a great idea.  It seems like an excellent candidate for an LTI (External Apps)

Canvas has an open API, and encouraged people to build integrations whenever possible.  You may want to present a question/discussion to the Canvas Developers​ group or contact the myhomeworkapp developers directly.

This is not something Canvas will be building at this time.  Thank you for your submission.  I am going to archive this thread.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your idea submission.

Honoring our commitment to not delete Community content, your idea has made the journey to Cold Storage  because it is either a duplicate, possibly off topic, or may now be obsolete.  We have moved it from the general Community to keep the Community search results precise and uncluttered.

If you are one that likes the additional chaos of more abundant search results, you can elect to join Cold Storage  in order to see ALL the idea submissions.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has been taken out of the Cold Storage and is opening for vote as part of the new Partner Integration ideas‌ space.  Find out more about this process in the New: Partner Integration Idea Process‌ blog post!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

There is a new feature that is related to your idea.  You'll want to check out the Student To-Do list in the 

Canvas Release Notes (2018-08-04) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Our Product Team reviewed some of our oldest feature proposals recently, and this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!