Create "Duplicate" options for pages, assignments, outcomes

There are many many times when I spend time lovingly crafting a page, assignment or outcome and wish to use it as a template for creating further items based on the original.

What we want is a "duplicate" option for pages, assignments and Outcomes...

Please vote this idea up when it moves to the new voting period as it combines several requests in a single feature but is simpler than the "Kitchen Sink" approach by John Thomson:

It also tackles the problems set out here for Editing and creating Outcomes that are needed across an institution. By Peggy Dove

This request isn't new, and it received over 400 votes. But STILL there is no simple Copy feature. I have tried to make this as simple as possible for the Developers to understand what is needed and hopefully we will get the feature added to development.

It would be a button added to the Outcomes page (see below) "Duplicate Outcome)

160648_Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 09.01.59.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-26 at 09.01.59.png

For the pages, it is simply an option in the dropdown menu for each page:

160769_Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 09.03.35.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-26 at 09.03.35.png

and for the Assignments tool, again, simply an addition to the existing menu:

160770_Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 09.04.39.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-26 at 09.04.39.png

5 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Joel,

Please see feedback in the multiple pre-existing feature requests that explain why a single 'kitchen sink' feature request is not appropriate for what would be by necessity multiple development projects in Canvas.  Also, per previous threads please find that our developers and product managers are very aware that many users would prefer more options for copying content types in Canvas.  I'm going to archive this feature idea because it is a duplicate of previous submissions that have already been voted on and surpassed the vote threshold for consideration.

Thanks,

SD

june_woest
Community Explorer

I agree, please allow duplicates of pages that will act as a template for all the great design already created on one page.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

Duplication  of Assignments and Pages is now possible.  For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-07-15) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed