| Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...|
| Idea open for vote Wed. April 6, 2016 - Wed. July 6, 2016 Learn more about voting...|
I would like to see this idea open for voting again. Our organization is new to Canvas 2015-16. We are just now figuring this out.
When a student makes a comment on an assignment, it does not appear in the "To-Do" stream unless the student resubmits. I would like to see student comments in the "To-Do" stream so that I don't miss feedback opportunities with students.
I do not want to have to search notifications for something I need to do.
Here is the original idea from Melody:
Student assignment comments should appear in Teacher activity To-Do stream,
- just like student responses to conversations & discussions, and
- just like instructor comments display for students in their stream.
Consistency across tools in one system is important so users can appropriately anticipate functionality. Any returning comments by the student should be presented in like fashion to the Teacher’s To-Do Stream.
- Instructors should not have to go looking for student comments daily, just in case.
- When Teachers miss a student’s return comment/question, it can cause confusion, hurt, and trust issues between student/teacher.
- By default, teachers need to see comment notices in the same place as students – in their right side To-Do stream.
- I’d like to try again, because Comments are an extremely important tool.
Colorado State University
| Comments from Instructure|
January 2017 update from Chris Ward
We're still looking into this one, and I'm waiting for a response from our engineering team.