Shuffle answers at the question level

Idea created by Thomas Broxholm on Jul 6, 2016
    On Beta
    Score159
    This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes.Next User Group 

Idea open for vote Wed. August 3, 2016 - Wed. November 2, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Canvas allows the possible answers of all the questions to be shuffled, which is a great option when we want to make our quizzes more secure and avoid that students pass the answers along. Nevertheless, sometimes there are questions in which the correct answer is, for example, A and C are correct or all of the above are correct. In these cases we can't use the shuffle option.

I would like to see the ability to choose shuffling at the question level like I can in moodle.  Suppose I have 20 questions in a test and in 10 of them the answers should not be shuffled. The other 10 questions should have the answers shuffled.  The way Canvas is now this cannot be accomplished.

This was brought up before but was closed.  I'm new to Canvas and being forced to switch from Moodle.

Comments from Instructure

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes.Next User Group 

This feature of the Quizzes LTI tool is found in many of the 'create a question' guides, under the section header: Edit Question.  It is located in the 'Options" menu of the question.