COPY assignments within a course

There needs to be a way to copy/duplicate an assignment with all the details and parameters so it can be assigned multiple times within a course without having to export the entire course, then import the specific assignment. This is such a basic tool that has been available on every gradebook program or online course software I have ever used that I am very surprised that Canvas can't do it.

12 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@dholsworth , you might be interested in adding your feedback and vote to " modifiedtitle="true" title="FAST & EASY Way to Copy Content on the FLY , which is currently open for voting.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you, Douglas.

I am going to archive your idea to reduce duplication.  Please add your use cases, and vote, to the idea Stefanie linked to, above!

dholsworth
Community Novice

Since so many customers are all asking for his feature, how about you guys just implement it?

Douglas M. Holsworth

Director of Bands

Escambia High School

1310 North 65th Avenue

Pensacola FL 32506

850-453-3221 ext 264

FAX 850-453-7502

>>> "rcarney@instructure.com" <instructure@jiveon.com> 9/2/2016 3:02 PM >>>

Canvas Community

COPY assignments within a course

new comment by Renee Carney View all comments on this idea

Thank you, Douglas.

I am going to archive your idea to reduce duplication. Please add your use cases, and vote, to the idea Stefanie linked to, above!

Reply to this email to respond to Renee Carney's comment.

Following COPY assignments within a course in these streams: Inbox

Getting too many emails from the Community? You might want to update your email preferences, check out this guide on notification streams, or simply unsubscribe (sniff).

bjholt
Community Participant

I think you are missing Douglas's Point or at least it brings one in mind for me:

I want to repeat the same assignment within the same course.  The link references copying content into multiple courses. I don't think that is intent of post.

bjholt
Community Participant

Please see my comment below.  I think you may be missing the point.  Is there a way to duplicate an assignment within a single course?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@bjholt ​, I just watched a quick demo of this. The presenter simply opened multiple + Assignment tabs and copy-pasted the assignment instructions into the tabs one by one. It might sound tedious, but it was quick: she created around fifteen copies of the assignment instructions in under thirty seconds. It's worth a shot.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your idea submission.

Honoring our commitment to not delete Community content, your idea has made the journey to Cold Storage  because it is either a duplicate, possibly off topic, or may now be obsolete.  We have moved it from the general Community to keep the Community search results precise and uncluttered.

If you are one that likes the additional chaos of more abundant search results, you can elect to join Cold Storage  in order to see ALL the idea submissions.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-07-15) 

rislis
Community Champion

Hoping the ability to duplicate a quiz happens very soon!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@rislis ‌

I feel pretty confident saying it will probably not happen in the current quizzes feature, but keep an eye on the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/quizzesnext?sr=search&searchId=8e9a89b1-5bb0-4b79-8b...‌ project!