Allow Closing Of Course Setup Checklist Banner

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Before publishing a course, I like to make videos about the course Canvas site. Having the big banner at the top center in the videos is very annoying. It would be great to be able to toggle it closed. It is a bit redundant with the Course Setup Checklist link available on the right.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9721-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-04-22 

7 Comments
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @brenda_nunn 

Could not agree more! I have been using Canvas for 4+ years, and haven't needed the setup checklist ever. While I recognize its value for new users, I also would love to be able to toggle the annoying little bugger off!

The feature idea process is currently on hold, and you can learn more at Changes Coming to Canvas Community Feature Ideas . When the new process is in place the Community Team will evaluate your idea. If/when it opens for voting, I will support this.

KLM

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@brenda_nunn , thank you for your idea! It will open for voting on March 1, 2017 as part of the relaunch of feature idea voting. Find out more about the changes we made in Changes are here: New feature idea processes went live Friday! (2/24/17)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-04-10)  

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-04-22) 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@brenda_nunn  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @kmeeusen  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed