Fix filtering limitation for courses with more than 10 sections

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For courses that have more than 10 sections, there are some features that do not work properly. For example, when using the option to assign different dates to an event for each section, you are unable to see all the sections if there are a large number. Also, when filtering quiz statistics by section, only the first 10 sections will display. In other areas such as the SpeedGrader, the section filter works properly. It would be great to fix this bug!

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed as a bug fix.  Find more information in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9116-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-04-01 

11 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@evan1 ​

Thank you for this submission!

You call this a bug...  Have you reported this to support as a bug?

evan1
Community Explorer

Yes, I have--I was told to submit it here as there was no immediate plan to fix the issue.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you, Evan!  I just wanted to make sure!

Your idea will remain in the 'on hold' status until our new feature idea process is launched.  You can find more on this project at:

RobDitto
Community Champion

@evan1 ​, here is a workaround for assigning to a section​ with more than 10 sections. Type the distinct part of the section name into the Assign to box; you don't have to type the beginning, it can be any consecutive letters/numbers (i.e., a substring) of the section name. What you type will filter the drop-down list.

And I suspect that the no-plans-to-fix determination for the Quiz Statistics dropdown relates to ongoing work on Modern Quizzing Engine​.  A great workaround for that issue is downloading the Student Analysis CSV, opening it in Excel, and using a Filter​. (I love Excel filtering!)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your idea!  It will open for voting, March 1, 2017, as part of the relaunch of feature idea voting!  Find out more about the changes we made in Changes are here: New feature idea processes went live Friday! (2/24/17)

evan1
Community Explorer

This bug seems to be fixed, correct? If so, thank you--this is great!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for reporting back, Evan!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

This idea was completed as a bug fix.  Find more information in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-04-01) 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@evan1  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @RobDitto  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New