Quiz Log shows how quiz was submitted

(5)

It would be helpful if the quiz logs showed how a submission was ended. Did it auto-submit or was the submit button clicked?  This would be very helpful for when students report quiz issues. 

This issue was archived in a previous idea - Include Additional Items in the Quiz Audit Logs 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

6 Comments
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi gguillor

I have many time felt that that information could be very useful - great idea!

The feature ideas process is currently on hold, and you can read more about what's currently underway at Changes are closer for Canvas Community Feature Ideas, and you can be part of that process in the Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space. With that said, Canvas is currently in the midst of a large quiz refactor project, Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine. I suspect that many additional question types will result from that project, but to be sure, I recommend that you add your feedback about the need for such a question type to the Canvas Studio discussions.

Teach

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your idea!  It will open for voting, March 1, 2017, as part of the relaunch of feature idea voting!  Find out more about the changes we made in Changes are here: New feature idea processes went live Friday! (2/24/17)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

gguillor

In the Quizzes LTI User Group you can find the new guides related to the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Included in those is https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12186-71670780621 

The quiz log for each user attempt has become much more detailed.  Please take a look and let us know what you think.

gguillor
Community Explorer

Hi,

I took a look at the guide - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12186-71670780621 .  It doesn't appear to include the information I was requesting.  It says when the quiz ended but not why it ended.  

hfchen
Community Participant

This would be very helpful for both instructors and admins to include in quiz logs.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you everyone for contributing to this idea! We acknowledge that this has been a long-standing thread in the Community. Because Intructure’s product teams are no longer developing new functionality for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated 2024, we are archiving this idea. We hope that you continue to participate in the Community’s Idea Process!

The resources in the New Quizzes User Group should help you get started with using New Quizzes in your courses. If you don't see the ability to enable New Quizzes in the settings area of one of your courses, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for information about its availability at your school.