show question numbers while editing quiz

While editing the questions, show question numbers. This would make it easier to drag and drop questions for re-ordering. Right now we can only see question numbers if we save and preview the quiz or survey.

10 Comments
adkim
Community Member

Not only should question numbers appear when editing, but they should appear on the Quiz Statistics page as well.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for submitting this feature idea,  @jmk50 . Although we can move this forward for voting for possible inclusion in the Canvas project Priority: Quizzes.Next, I suspect that changes to the current quiz interface are not likely to be implemented while the quiz refactor project is in full swing.

csarami
Community Member

This feature is for your clients ( instructurs), I am sure if your developer team had consulted with them they would have chosen this as a priority.

ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @jmk50 .  I am in the Quizzes.Next beta group and just checked a sample quiz.  You may be happy to know that it looks like in the question navigation pane where you can drag/drop questions they are numbered.  Voting on this idea can't hurt though!

don_bryn
Community Champion

I can't tell you how many times I scroll up and down quiz pages trying to find a specific question.  I hope this is fixed.

erc2
Community Novice

Is there ANY update re: the estimated implementation of the new quiz thing? That's all I've been hearing about for 18 months (and keeps being touted as a reason for Instructure not to make any improvements in the current quiz interface), and yet...? Thank you.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@erc2 , the Quizzes LTI is in active beta testing, and you can see more about what's already underway in the Quizzes LTI User Group‌. If you'd like to participate in the beta, please contact your Canvas admin. New information as it becomes available is posted to Priority: Quizzes.Next‌, so by following that space you'll be informed of updates.

erc2
Community Novice

Thank you.

julie_perlingie
Community Novice

I also find this annoying when trying to find a question in the middle of a long list of questions.  

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.