Default Numerical Answers to One Field

Numerical answers should always default to one answer field.  I noticed if you do not delete the extra answer fields and leave them blank, the question will except 0 as an answer in addition to the answer that you want.   

4 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@rbrower ‌

Did you report this through support, already?  This sounds like it is not functioning with intentional design?

rbrower
Community Member

@Renee_Carney ‌

That is who I contacted first.  They told me to post here.  Here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support. I understand you would like the numerical quiz question to default to only one answer being populated rather than the four that currently show. I agree with you that four answers are quite redundant. You're welcome to make a feature request to get your idea heard by following the steps in our guide here. If you have additional questions or run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to reach out as we're always happy to help.  -- -- Jacob Bullard | L1 Technical Support Engineer E: jbullard@instructure.com ref:_00DA0Ibsk._500A0XEcVo:ref

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Perfect.  This is why I ask!

I figured you had, but I wanted to make sure!

The part that concerned me in your message was that if you do not fill anything in then 0 defaults as a correct answer.  I just want to make sure that was in your support ticket?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.