Set LTI as Home Page

(3)

Hi!

To date, the full potential of utilizing LTIs is limited by the ability to set them as a Course Home Page.

I would like to propose: Adding LTI-Apps as an option in the "Choose Home Page" dialog.

This discussion initially started here: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/19098-lti-app-as-course-home-page 

Current State

The following Screenshot displays the current state of the process to choose a Course Home Page.

Current state of setting a Course Home Page

Proposal

I suggest to extend the dialog above by adding the option to set an LTI App as the Course Home Page, as displayed below:

Graphic displaying the suggested functionality

By having the ability to choose an LTI App as the Course Home Page, LTIs can become a more substantial part of the Canvas environment for Learners, Instructors and others and would enable Canvas operators to have a higher magnitude of flexibility and individualization.

Thanks  @tdw ‌ for referring me here.

Kind regards,

Sven Schneemann

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for submitting this idea,  @sschneemann2017 ‌! For context, please refer to the discussion here: https://community.canvaslms.com/message/81258-re-lti-app-as-course-home-page 

manuelgarciaph
Community Participant

I'm voting this up!

Although we can redirect a page via custom JS, it would be better not to tamper with the native functionality and use a built-in one instead. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.