Teacher App: TO DO List

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

The newly released Teacher App allows teachers to manage their courses more efficiently from a mobile device.  I would like to suggest the addition of a "To-Do" list on the dashboard of the teacher app that mirrors the To-Do list in the regular version.   This would allow teachers to see a list of assignments that are waiting to be graded in their courses.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13801-canvas-teacher-release-notes-ios-12 .

9 Comments
sadenniston
Community Contributor

+1. I was hoping that Teacher app would replace my current downloading, annotating and uploading student work grading workflow, but having to drill down to specific assignments to see what is pending takes time. On the browser version I can simply look at the To Do list, or even better, bookmark the Speedgrader URL for an assignment, which takes me to it straight away. In the app, I have to navigate to the assignment.

degroot
Community Explorer

This is something our Faculty were really hoping for from the App as well. Especially with the mobile experience, they want to do things quickly. Open the app and at a glance see how much they have to grade in all courses. Then even grade a few things if they want or hey maybe everything. Now they have to hunt. And at that point they may as well open up their computer and do it from there.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.3) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@hmrozarb  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @sadenniston  Nice Work   and  @degroot  Nice Work  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

hmrozarb
Community Contributor

Awesome!!! I saw this notification today:)

degroot
Community Explorer

This is great news! All of my messaging other users about it paid off. Excited to share this feature with our faculty.

pshojaee6
Community Novice

0074755A-E0FE-4E55-932D-81362371F74D.jpeg

Hey y'all. My to do list on the iOS app is not displaying an accurate number. It's stuck on 7 for the little icon but I have like 40 things to grade. Any ideas? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed