I'm putting together a workshop focusing on all of the great things that can be done in Canvas that you didn't think you could do. The idea behind the workshop came to me as I was continually asked questions with the premise of the idea that "I used to be able to do this in Blackboard, but I can't in Canvas". When in reality, you can usually do the same or better things in Canvas!
Some ideas that I already have:
- Using Redirect tool to add a custom link in the Course navigation
- Using "/api/v1" in the assignment link to see when the assignment was originally created
- Revision history on Pages
- Using the Test Environment to recover course information (depending when the environment is refreshed)
- Adding apps
- Enabling optional course features such as Mastery Paths and other beta features
What is your favorite thing you've found you can do in Canvas that you didn't think you could do originally?