AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changes to New Gradebook ???

Question asked by Kate Burkes on Jul 16, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2019 by Erin Hallmark

Well, mama sys admin ain't happy, as well as about 450 faculty and countless students at my college.  The "eyeball" changes to the new grade book this past weekend (July 12 or so) is causing chaos. especially since it's the last week of summer classes when all the faculty are heavily dependent as they finish grading and submit final grades.

Hide instead of mute?  Yes, I have read the documentation.  But I need something like a quick explanation of what has changed, a cheatsheet for my faculty.  "If you want to hide, do this".  "If you want to show, do that".  Columns are automatically hidden now?  And there seem to be some interactions with students not seeing their quiz results / questions so they can study for the final -- now noted as "hidden".   We keep hearing from faculty, and can't tell what is "functioning as designed" and what might be a technical issue or bug with the update!

One page summary.  Simple language.  Anyone have something like this?

Crikey.  Makes me regret switching everyone to the new gradebook. Seems overly complicated. Thanks, Canvas.

Outcomes