AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to associate a rubric with an assignment using the API?

Question asked by Jason Edington on Sep 13, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 by Jason Edington

I would like to create a single page where I can quickly associate already created rubrics with assignments.  This page would list all of the assignments and then next to each assignment title there would be a dropdown list with all of the rubrics. I'd choose the rubric from the list for each assignment. Also, it would default as use_rubric_for_grading=true. Then I'd hit submit, and Bob's your uncle, the rubric id is associated with the assignment.  This would save me some time having to open each assignment and going through all of the click.

My issue is that after going through all of the documentation I can't see a way to make this association.  I would have thought that there would be a request parameter of something like assignment[rubric_id]=1234, but I don't see anything like that in the documentation.  So if it isn't in the documentation, does that pretty much mean it's not possible, or is there a super-secret set of parameters that I'm hopefully missing out on and if I pass some kind of initiation a whole set of request parameters will open up to me? :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Outcomes