AnsweredAssumed Answered

Gradebook Horizontal Scroll of Death

Question asked by Teeka James on Dec 16, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 by Teeka James

I have searched for answers to this but have found none, probably because there is no solution. But, just in case, I'm going to ask. 

Background: My course is a face-to-face class, and we use Canvas to archive assignment instructions, house supplemental multimedia materials, and to facilitate the submission and evaluation of assignments. It has worked well for all of us: students don't have to wait for feedback; I don't have to cart around files. I allow them to upload photos of handwritten work if necessary (e.g. concept maps drawn up for essay brainstorming). Here is the problem: by the end of the course (now), we've got 61 assignments (five essays, five rough drafts, and (apparently) 51 writing process artifacts (reading questions, outlines, sentence-combining practice, and so on. 

Problem and Question: The gradebook has become difficult to manage, primarily because while it is clustered by assignment group (i.e. by essay unit), I can't collapse completed groups but instead have to scroll through them all to get to what I need. Arranging by due date doesn't seem to help (at least I can't figure out how to reverse-list it--most recent first).

Is there a way to collapse assignment groups in the gradebook?

Many thanks,

Teeka James

Outcomes