There are many ways to read RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication as defined on RSS - Wikipedia) feeds. You can do so via browser plugin-in, RSS readers, and other news aggregators. If you want to keep up-to-date on the status of Canvas, you can always visit the Canvas Status page, but you can also get these updates via RSS. Here are a couple ways that I have set this up on my own PC.
In both examples, the RSS feed you'll want to plug in is: http://status.instructure.com/history.rss
- Outlook e-mail client
- Click on FILE >> Account Settings >> Account Settings... >> RSS Feeds tab >> New...
- Paste in the above URL, then click Add, and then OK.
- Within Outlook, a new RSS Feeds folder will be created, and inside that folder you'll see a Canvas Status - Incident History sub-folder. Any time a new status is shared by Instructure, it will be like receiving a new e-mail in your Inbox...only it will populate in this folder for you to review.
- Microsoft Teams -- If you utilize this at your school, and if you have the permissions to modify your Team settings, you can set this up for your entire team.
- Click on the three dots next to your team name, and select Manage Team.
- Click on the Apps tab.
- Click on the Go to store button.
- Find and click on the RSS item.
- You will be prompted to pick which team you want to add the RSS feed. Click Install.
- You will be prompted to pick which channel within the team where you want to add the RSS feed. Click Set up.
- Finally, give your RSS feed a name, add the above URL, and then choose how frequently you'd like to receive your digest. Click Save.
How do you get Canvas Status notifications delivered to you?