This post has information on how to use our new service for plagiarism detection (VeriCite).
- VeriCite is integrated seamlessly with the Assignment tool inside Canvas. Step-by-step instructions are available online: How do I add a VeriCite assignment? | Canvas User Guide | VeriCite Documentation
- Students do not need special instructions for submitting files to Canvas assignments that have the VeriCite option enabled.
- For additional help, visit VeriCite’s online documentation center: Canvas User Guide | VeriCite Documentation
For D2L (Brightspace):
- VeriCite is an External Tool in D2L and *cannot* be connected to the Dropbox. This is because VeriCite does not support our current version of D2L. Los Rios has no plans to upgrade D2L for our final two terms using it.
- To use VeriCite, create it as an external link in a content page or an external tool link in a content module. Step-by-step instructions are available online:
- An effective practice for students is to have them submit their documents to a VeriCite assignment and create a separate item on the Grades page to give them feedback.
- The VeriCite report viewer can be used to generate a file with inline comments, a grade, and general comments that can be exported as a PDF file and the imported as part of the comments field for a standalone D2L grade item: How do I view or grade VeriCite LTI reports as an instructor?
- There is also help for students: How do I submit a VeriCite LTI assignment as a student?
- For additional help, visit VeriCite’s online documentation center: Brightspace User Guide