Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,098,133 members
473,989 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Please how can I find the QR Code? I can’t access my canvas 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I've been trying to import content from Google Drive via. the RCE but keep getting a 404 error?   I do have the Google Assignments (LTI 1.3) toggled on.  What am I missing? Thanks in advance! Heather

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @danaleeling, unfortunately, there is no way to use your Canvas Files in a hot spot question. If you haven't already, Submit it as a Feature Idea!

(Community Explorer)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Confession: I am not a developer or an SQL expert, but I can view certain kinds of code, sort of learn it, and make adjustments as needed. Otherwise, I rely heavily on ChatGPT, particularly when it comes to SQL.  That said, I was wondering if someon...

(Community Explorer)
Data and Analytics Group

Canvas

Canvas Data 2

Data

sql

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: Please make a toggle button if you want to use "Question Title" in quizzes. It's so frustrating because I'm constantly typing my question stem into the Question Title box, then having to go back and re-type it or copy/paste it in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@KataKeri I have reached out to subcatalog admins in our instance for other use cases, but here are a few options that I think would be helpful: Collect user's information during the first enrollment in a listing in a Catalog siteCollect user's infor...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What an exciting update for modules and differentiation for teachers. This is going to be a game changer for accommodations and for when we create professional development courses for the whole staff but want to assign certain modules to specific sec...

(Community Contributor)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thank you for the detailed reply. The machine I'm using is indeed pretty old. Am I correct in assuming that I might have more luck if I run this on Linux in a virtual machine?

(Community Member)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello all. One change that worked for us is changing the visibility for the image file in files. 

(Community Member)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thank you @RobbieParm! The teacher had another instance of this problem, and we tried out your solution today. Worked like a charm. Shouldn't be a needed charm, but I so appreciate your help!My original question was indeed about New Quizzes, and we h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Interesting angle.  Usually, when I have been asked about anonymous discussions, it is in the social sciences and humanities, where people might be talking about personal experiences as it relates to course content.

(Community Champion)
Discussions/Announcements Redesign
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This will be awesome for the vast majority of our users and use cases!  Thank you! I do have a question, based on a scenario that I am commonly in as an admin.  I regularly use Canvas Studio and Screencast-o-Matic to do a screen recording of somethin...

(Community Contributor)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Canvas Community! As part of our continuous effort to enhance the learning experience and recognize our students' achievements, we are exploring options for Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) applications capable of issuing certificates of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum

Admin

Canvas

Instructional Designer

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a number of courses that are synced frequently via a blueprint sync. We would like to add module requirements to some of the modules but can't find any clear documentation on how students completed requirements might be impact by the future b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Very good point.  I have been conflating those two kinds of anonymous!   As a math instructor, I frequently find that students are willing to make mistakes in front of me, but less willing to do it in front of 20 peers.   Therefore, I should really r...

(Community Novice)
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Engineers are currently investigating the issue. Description Some gradebook filter do not stay active after page refresh: Start & End date - the filter is completely removed when refreshing the page.Grading periods - the filtering itself is not rem...

(Community Team)
Known Issues

Canvas Grading

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Engineers are currently investigating the issue. Description When configuring the New Analytics tool (needed to add the Online Attendance report) the user is met with an error stating "New Analytics feature flag is not enabled for this account" eve...

(Community Team)
Known Issues

Canvas Analytics

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Engineers are currently investigating the issue. Description In New Quizzes, screen readers cannot navigate to an Essay Question RCE. They get skipped over when navigating with screen reader navigation Expected Behavior Screen readers should navi...

(Community Team)
Known Issues

Canvas Quizzes

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

DAP client library had a release of version 1.1.0 on March 20. Since you mention that you have had the issue going back to February 27, can you double-check if you use the most recent version? There have been some improvements, which might cover the ...

(Instructure)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Engineers are currently investigating the issue. Description When attempting to import SIS data via API a 400 response is returned with an error.   "message": "An error occurred.", "error_code": "bad_request" The SIS imports page displays that t...

(Community Team)
Known Issues

SIS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Officially, Instructure supports Windows 11 for DAP client library but not Windows 10. You need to switch to one of the supported operating systems. At a more technical level, the issue seems to originate from an open-source library that DAP client l...

(Instructure)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Comments from Instructure   For more information, please refer to the Product Roadmap and the Product Blogs. Updates about availability will be included in the Canvas Release Notes.

(Community Team)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We intend to make greater use of global announcements within subaccounts, but we want to better understand who exactly will receive these announcements. The guidance in the Instructure Admin Guide (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum

Admin

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@AllisonHowell  Thank you for the additional information!  I'm glad to know you are already planning on working on most of those areas and understand needing more time to investigate, plan, and develop those additional ideas.  In the meantime, I'm lo...

(Community Contributor)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good Morning Thank you for the response.  I used the SIS integration files to create the courses and enrolled the faculty assigned to the course.   SP

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@TriciaVanLaar You don't have to revert to old discussions to get rid of the sidebar.  The discussion redesign has multiple views.You can toggle between "view inline" and "view split screen".  See the screenshots provided.   The sidebar only appears ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hey @JakeStuckey I guess this is a duplicate of https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/Catalog-User-Defined-Fields-by-Listing/idi-p/592865 right?Can you please tell me more why do you need the location on a listing level, just to justify the...

(Instructure)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Because then it wouldn't actually be anonymous.  If you can give a grade based on completion, you can somewhat determine who posted what, early on, based on who has a grade.  Toward the end, you can eliminate possible identities, based on who hasn't ...

(Community Champion)
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Thank you - but this is not working. When we set the dates...and go back in...the dates resume back to the beginning of the year. The date change is not sticking.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A faculty member at my institution has just run into this problem. He's using 0% of his course and personal file storage and has tried re-starting and re-logging in - but that hasn't solved the issue.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events

Upcoming Events