Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,109,376 members
475,470 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Hi @NoahBoswell1 , @ThayerMerritt , and @stimme ... It appears that this is a known issue, and will eventually be fixed as a Canvas Deploy.  Please review this recent thread that I've recently seen in the Commnity: Solved: Horizontal scrollbar obscur...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm seeing the same thing in our Canvas system. One workaround is going into Student View to create a Test Student user for the course. The Test Student is always placed in the last row, so the horizontal scroll bar should not be blocking scores of a...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks @KristinL ! In a similar vein, is there a way to hide 0-count New Quizzes from the course summary, like how non-graded Old Quizzes do? For example, if I create a "practice" New Quiz (I know this feature is not available to New Quizzes, but I c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to get that Elementary theming today with the free Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: Ability to parse out the "Edit Grades" permissions so that we can restrict or allow editing of grade schemes. In this case, we would want teachers to use pre-determined grading schemes that are district-approved and would not want ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Images in item banks became a nightmare last September. We found some workarounds but eventually all of these stopped working, too.  Issue We'd upload an image to a a question in an item bank and be told it may not work in another course. Even after ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@paulamiranda  I agree with your ideas.  The search and instructor endorsement sound especially helpful when setting up a Q&A discussion board and you are trying to encourage students to help each other with answering questions too. For Idea #3, I ma...

(Community Participant)
Discussions/Announcements Redesign
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@Vincenza  I have built a free Chrome extension, Canvas LMS Mods (Basic), as a side project to add helpful features to the Canvas LMS.  One of the features is a custom course report for discussion replies.  This allows you to get all the replies to a...

(Community Participant)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Removing the custom JS/CSS didn't resolve the issue; a team member and I both spot-checked this afternoon, and we're both seeing the last line being cut off, still.Names also appear to be offset up-from-center in the name column as well, where the gr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been told by our school ITS personnel that Respondus Lockdown Browser only locks the student into Canvas. In other words, it does not lock them into just the page with the quiz that employs the Lockdown Browser. Is my understanding correct?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum

Instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@jswartz  If you don't currently see this feature, then it likely needs to be enabled or at least unlocked by an admin. Canvas Feature Option Summary  How do I use Discussions Redesign as an instructor?  Also, if a discussion is Anonymous, then it ca...

(Community Coach)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to submit multiple file types in one Canvas Assignment Submission?  For example, if I want a student to turn in a video from STUDIO in addition to a PDF file turn-in sheet, can both be turned in at the same time?  It seems when a video...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

Instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Someone mentioned yesterday to me that 'questions no longer have a border'. Seems that was only true for Matching Choices, I found it necessary to make a few changes. Chad is no longer around, he mentions this in his repo, but I'll contribute these c...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: When instructors download student submissions for an assignment to grade and annotate offline, the resulting export is a zip file simply named "submissions." For faculty grading many such assignments in different courses, or many a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@hollands Good news is that we are incorporating assigned to in the Modules area so that you don't have to click around to get that info. Your second item is an interesting idea. Right now inheritance goes one way -- from the module down to the assig...

(Instructure)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is anyone aware of any LTIs or third-party tools that can be integrated with Canvas to provide this functionality?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@Vincenza try this approach: use Chromeinstall this extension: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/printfriendly-print-and-p/ohlencieiipommannpdfcmfdpjjmeoljgo to inline view > expand threadsactivate the extension and print to pdf  

(Community Champion)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In this Mastery Connect release (April 18), the Assessment Editor for item-based assessments is updated with an analysis view. Furthermore, all assessment types are updated with an in-depth printable answer key. Additionally, searching for and filter...

(Community Team)
Mastery Connect Releases
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I found a solution (or really workaround). I exported the quiz as QTI file then re-imported that file and it reset the answer choice order to be the order it is in "build" mode.So hopefully that works for other people. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The system is not uploading a document. What do I do? 

(Community Novice)
Mastery Connect Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@rlbrown21 - I couldn't agree with you more.  I have grown tired of being raked over the coals for decisions I cannot control. Instructure doesn't have to take the heat for rolling things out prematurely, we as the admins supporting their product get...

(Community Participant)
The Product Blog
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@paul_fynn Thank you for sharing these challenges. I'm going to share with our team that owns this behavior and see how we might be able to solve this. 

(Instructure)
The Product Blog
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am excited for the feature to be released! I feel that this will solve a lot of problems in cross listing some of our courses. Teachers will love being able to assign a different module to sections in their course. I love to deliver exciting news t...

(Community Coach)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

These are all excellent suggestions. I'm particularly interested in #1 regarding expanding the search functionality. Being able to search entries across all discussions in a course feels like a standard feature. Otherwise, the user has to open each i...

(Community Member)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add the TimelyCare quick link tile to the banner on the left hand side of the screen (where the icons for Courses, Dashboard, Calendar, Outbox, etc. are listed)? Yes, we already have a partnership with TimelyCare.Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@Ashley15Harden Yes, this feature will be compatible with Mastery Paths! 

(Instructure)
The Product Blog
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey, @rsackett3 !From my own experience, I have never ever had issues with my exams. My exams are usually about 50 questions, and I usually have about 30-40 students taking the test at the same time. With that being said, you should not have any trou...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @MonikaMajor  I can't really speak to the other products since we've only used Lockdown Browser. During the pandemic we used Lockdown Browser with their Monitor product. You do get 200 free seats for Monitor with Lockdown license. Monitor is the w...

(Community Champion)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, @ThayerMerritt , Thanks for that information! Did removing all the custom JS/CSS in your beta environment do anything at all to solve this issue? I'm sure several other institutions are experiencing the the same, or similar issues. If you wouldn'...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: We request an easier method to add time for students on a Classic Quiz or a New Quiz, particularly a universal button to add time to a student's attempt or many students' attempts at once. Proposed solution:Our most common learnin...

(Community Member)
Impact Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events