InstructureCon is over and most of us have started or are getting ready for back to school. I wanted to share a poll to get a pulse check on how everyone feels about the mobile roadmap/direction.
The theme of the roadmap is: Canvas is big. Screens are small. People are different.
Their strategy is through making role-based apps.
Here are few items to consider:
- Student app: Updates starting later this year. This will include refactoring of some features and the addition of some 1:1 features.
- Teacher app: This app will include features specific to teachers that might be missing in the current student app. This could include the integration of SpeedGrader.
- Parent app: Recently released, and allows for parents to track a few items from multiple children regardless of school.
- SpeedGrader App: Better support for annotations on tablets.
- Polls: No updates expected.
- MagicMarker: Bug updates.