• Clarity for Canvas Observers

Observers have an incredibly unique perspective of a Canvas course. Imagine the feeling you would have as you stand on an observation deck. You're above the action, essentially on the outside, watching everything...
  • Student-Directed Home Pages

Today, the first day of a new semester, I asked each of the classes I teach,  "What would your ideal home page look like?"   During the five years our school has had Canvas, I've done a fair bit o...
  • Essential Mobile Resources

Right now, there's a lot to balance, especially if you're moving a face-to-face class completely online. Canvas Mobile will allow you to access the Canvas features you need the most frequently efficiently and allow yo...
  • 09.20.16 Open Discussion Notes

On September 20th, Ryan Seilhamer led Canvas Mobile Users Group through a great Open Discussion. We talked about many things MOBILE, and it was wonderful to see so many people in the meet-up! The notes below act as a ...
  • Love for Mobile (and Learning)

Dear Canvas,   I don't know what I'd do without Canvas Teacher ...and the rest of the Canvas mobile apps, for that matter!   Mobile makes learning and teaching something that extends beyond the wal...
  • Teaching with FERPA | Blogging Challenge

From time to time, we've held blogging challenges in the Canvas Community, and the contributed content has been amazing. Recently, it's been noticed that there's a need for content that focuses on student pr...
  • Mine? Yours? OURS.

During the summer months, I try my best to read and reflect on classroom practices. (Sometimes those thinking sessions can get a little intense.) Years ago, I accepted that no course was ever going to be perfect. I wa...
  • Targeting Faculty Needs Through Microlearning

Presentation Title Weekly Canvas Tips: Targeting Faculty Needs Through Microlearning Carly Papenberg and Elizabeth Reyes, Temple University     Summary In addition to workshops and weekl...
  • Think and then Think Some More

What was your biggest takeaway? Think and reflect.   I feel that the "reflect" takeaway is an ongoing theme with my blogs in the Canvas Community. However, it's one of those practices that is incredibly valu...
  • Observer Role vs Canvas Parent

The Observer / Canvas Parent role can be complex. Here's a quick overview:         *This resource will be updated this fall. Stay tuned! (Mobile Update - Summer 2019!)
  • Let's Role with Canvas Mobile

Presentation Title Let's Role with Canvas Mobile Ryan Seilhamer - UCF (Orlando, Florida)  Kristin Lundstrum - DeLaSalle High School (Minneapolis, Minnesota)   Abstract / Session Overview ...
  • InstructureCon 2019 • Community Badges

It's a long tradition for InstructureCon attendees to collect and trade themed pins. Here, in the Canvas Community, there will be an exclusive set of digital enamel pins available to reward you for part...
  • InstructureCon 2019 • Session Recaps

There is so much to experience at InstructureCon 2019! As you sail into your session schedule, consider taking notes and publishing them in a blog. You can help others learn about topics and sessions th...
  • It's Time to Kondo | May 2019 Blogging Challenge

The Meta Community received some outstanding blogs in the Reflect and Celebrate and Share the Joy Blogging Challenges. It’s exciting that we get to collaborate once again. This is the final of the thre...
  • Share the Joy | March 2019 Blogging Challenge

The Meta Community Group received some outstanding blogs in the Reflect and Celebrate | Blogging Challenge. Let’s keep the momentum and share even more wonderful resources! This is the second of three plann...
  • Stuck in a 4.0-Scale World - Part 1

I am going to be the first to admit that I don’t have the answer. Or, for that matter, any answer. I will, however, openly say that I have lots of questions and that I am not really afraid of “getting this...
  • Reflect and Celebrate | January 2019 Blogging Challenge

From time to time, we've held blogging challenges in the Canvas Community, and the contributed content has been amazing. The ongoing discussions and collaboration that came as a result of the writing were invaluable. ...
  • Minnesota Canvas Users

How many Minnesotans are at InstCon?!   Let's start a conversation here. It would be great to connect.
  • A Letter To Canvas Observers

Dear Canvas Observer*,   First of all, as a teacher, I want to say “thank you” for being a student’s or students’ personal academic cheerleader. Classrooms are not the same without you. ...
  • Opened Windows

A few years ago, The Canvas Community hosted a blogging contest regarding Spring Cleaning. This was a great opportunity for me to consider ways I could tidy up my courses. (It's Time to Regroup, Reorganize, and Reflec...