• Publish and Unpublish Announcements

score608
    Open for Voting
    612 votes
    I love that Canvas can bring over announcements when I copy content from another Canvas course. This keeps me from copying and pasting announcements I make every semester.  To further develop this feature, it wou...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
    created by dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Canvas and Turnitin

Introduction What is "Feedback Studio"? Does Feedback Studio alter any functionality? As a local Canvas Administrator, how do I configure the Turnitin LTI? Can my institution enable both the API versio...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Canvas and Perusall

What is Perusall? How do I get a Perusall account? What is the cost for using Perusall? How do I integrate the Perusall into a Canvas course? Can I configure the Perusall LTI on the Canvas account or s...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Teacher Tools

I love the discontinued Android App teacher Tools. I still use it on my phone and sometimes with the Android emulator BlueStacks on my laptop. That is, I used it until a few days ago. On both my phone and laptop, the ...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Rubrics?

So after a long winter's nap, we have started the spring term. Now, when I grade assignments with a rubric, the rubric is HUGE because it is showing the detailed text for each criterion. This is new behavior. Was it p...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Hack night?

I see "hack night" on the schedule. In past years, there has been a hack night for programmers and a "course hack night" for non programmers. Will that continue thIs year?    By the way, I fully expect to s...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • "The Future of Plagiarism Detection" Follow Up (Turnitin)

Thanks to everyone who attended  "The Future of Plagiarism Detection" at InstructureCon 2017. Bill and I felt good about the presentation and hope the audience did as well.   For those who asked and those w...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Stopping Intra-Class Academic Dishonesty via Discussions

A dedicated minority of  students will always try to take shortcuts no matter what an instructor does, but some of the more cautious cheaters avoid plagiarizing on major assignments like papers and exams pre...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Due Dates in online classes

I have always distributed due dates in online classes across the week. For instance, I might have something due on Monday, something due on Wednesday, and something due on Friday. My theory has always been that I want...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Instructurecon 2016: A Turnitin Conversation

At Instructurecon 2016, I had a long talk with Turnitin representatives Micah Arons (sales) and Gary Finnigan (product). Several of their comments were interesting, so I thought I would share some highlights with the ...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • CanvasLive Quick Demo: Canvas and Perusall

Open video

dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Annotations and Automagic Grading with Perusall LTI

9/23/16 12:00 PM
      Description  Perusall is awesome-sauce on wheels. The free Perusall LTI app offers social annotation of .pdf documents using a RTE, user tagging, notifications, automatic grading, and more. The app integr...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
    Annotations and Automagic Grading with Perusall LTI

in CanvasLIVE

Back
  • Hoedowns, Bulls, and Boots

Renee Carney and I had a bet: If she could ride the bull for the traditional eight-seconds, I would also ride the bull. She made it for seven seconds.   I rode anyway and made it fourteen.   Scott...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Heroes Among US

I am pretty sure I have found the star of this film this morning at Instructurecon:  
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Paper Pumpkin: Online Video Presentations

As a student, I gave many presentations in class. I hated standing in the front of the class. I hated the unrevisable nature of a live presentation. Sure, I understand that live presentations have their place, but onl...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Selector buttons on quiz questions

Does anyone else find that the score selector buttons get in the way and interfere with your ability to see how the question is scored in the speedgrader, especially with double digit questions?   With the curso...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Cinco pequeñas cosas (Five Little Things)

Here are some things I do to get the semester off to a less chaotic start. I introduce myself to my students: https://www.softchalkcloud.com/lesson/serve/UCR7wvSXeK13Ix/html. I strive to have direct communication wi...
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu
  • Awesome panda sculpture

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/36/26/42/7956612/3/960x540.jpg
    dhulsey@nmjc.edu