cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbj
Community Participant

How does UDOIT handle alt text that is a filename?

Hi folks!  I am putting together a simple spreadsheet for my team comparing the main features of UDOIT with the Accessibility Checker features in the Canvas Design Tool.  I know that UDOIT will flag missing alt text, but will it also flag alt text that has .jpg etc?  I haven't been able to find this in the various demos and online discussions.  This is an important feature since Canvas uses the image file name as the default alt text.

Thanks in advance or any insight!

Sue J

5 Replies
tr_jbates
Community Champion

I apologize for not responding sooner.  Apparently my notifications aren't set up properly.  Anyway, the ALT text error will trigger in three situations:

• blank ALT text
  • ALT text that is longer than 100 characters
  • ALT text that follows the format of an image file name (*.jpg, *.png, etc.)

I hope that answers your question!

sbj
Community Participant

Thanks Jacob -- that's perfect!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If you're interested in this, you might be interested in  @rseilham ​'s Canvas and Accessibility presentation on CanvasLIVE , which will be on Tuesday, October 11, 2016. Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. And if you're interested, but your schedule doesn't allow you to attend, please respond anyway to receive notifications of comments on the event.

0 Kudos
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

ATTENTION: Given the conditions and after-effects of Hurricane Matthew, our friends from UCF have notified us that the CanvasLIVE session Canvas and Accessibility has been rescheduled to Tuesday, August 25, 2016. Please be sure to RSVP to the event to be notified of updates.

0 Kudos
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If you're participating in this discussion, you'll definitely want to RSVP to the CanvasLIVE event UDOIT Installation which is coming up this Monday, December 5, 2016. RSVP “yes” if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.

0 Kudos