cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Radio questions missing fieldset and legend

Hi-

In testing yesterday, I noticed that radio groups/multiple choice questions are missing an association with the question; they are not using a fieldset and legend, nor are they using appropriate aria grouping and labeling. I also note that this wasn't on the wishlist recently posted, which makes me think its a recent change.

Thanks

Laura

11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

You're right. Do you know if the semantic link had been present earlier?

Highlighted
Community Member

I personally don't know. I note that their January 2019 VPAT has an exception for some label and legend elements, though it doesn't provide details of what those elements are. This is a significant issue that should be fixed.

Highlighted
Navigator II

fathaulg@miamioh.edu‌, if you haven't already, would you please report this to Canvas Support through your school's support channel so our team can have a look?

Highlighted
Community Member

Its been reported.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator II

Thanks, fathaulg@miamioh.edu. I'd be happy to convey the case number to our Accessibility team if you have it at hand.

Highlighted
Community Member

Just wondering if there is any update on this? Thanks much!

Highlighted
Navigator II

fathaulg@miamioh.edu‌, the place to look for updates would be on the ticket you submitted. What was the response? 

Highlighted
Community Member

It was submitted through our institutional contact; I don't have access to submit issues directly to Canvas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator II

fathaulg@miamioh.edu‌, in that case, please follow up with your institutional contact to get the update on the ticket, and if you would, please ask for the ticket number and post it here so I can close the loop with our Accessibility team.

0 Kudos