This release is focused on improving the user experience. Cidi Labs contributed most of the code for this release in response to requests from their customers, and we are extremely grateful for this contribution. If you are attending CanvasCon next week, please visit them at their virtual booth!
Now, on to the changes. The first one you will notice is that the Content and Scan for lists have been moved into an accordion widget titled Scanning Options. The widget is positioned above the Scan This Course button in order to closely follow the layout of previous versions of UDOIT.
When the scan is complete, the Welcome to UDOIT! and Scanning Options boxes will collapse, conserving vertical space.
The report view has changed significantly. Each section of the course where errors or suggestions were found will be listed on the left side. The section selected when the scan completes is the Summary, which allows the user to show or hide all errors or suggestions or individual errors or suggestions in the report.
Selecting the Pages item in the left menu shows the portion of the report related to Pages. The interface should be familiar from this point on.
The Unscannable Files section now detects more types of unscannable files. These file types are customizable, so you can add to or remove from to the defaults if you so desire.
- Download UDOIT version 2.7.0
- Test in a development or QA environment, not on production.
- If you are still using PHP 7.1 or below, you must upgrade to 7.2 or 7.3.
- If you're coming from a version older than 2.6.3:
- (Self-Hosted) Update your localConfig.php file to make sure it's up to date with localConfig.template.php
- (Heroku-Hosted) Update your Config Vars to include the new variables
- back up your database and run "php composer.phar migrate"
- Run "php composer.phar install"
- (Heroku-Hosted) Follow the instructions in HEROKU.md
- Added ability to filter the report by error/suggestion type and view a single content section at a time. Thanks Cidi Labs! #498
- Reworked the the way unlisted/private/deleted YouTube/Vimeo videos are handled. Now they show up in their own Suggestion instead of being marked for manual inspection in other Errors or Suggesions. #547
- Added documentation for which folders need to be writeable by your webserver #548
- Updated Quail to support all types of table structures #488
- Unscannable File extensions are now configurable #474
- Fixed a memory usage issue with the Most Common Errors report in the Admin Panel #502
- Cleaned up some old YouTube-related code from lib/UdoitUtils.php #491
- Fixed issue where tables with <p> tags in them prevent U FIX IT from working #488
- Large images no longer break out of the bounds of the preview pane. #451
- Floated images no longer float out of the bounds of the preview pane. #449
Side note: I tried to add proper headings to this post, but this software does not allow heading tags. If you have any issues navigating the content of this post, please let me know.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.