cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinw
Community Contributor

"UDOIT FAILED TO SCAN THIS COURSE"

Hi all, 

I posted this question elsewhere but thought perhaps it could have it's own thread. If I'm wrong go ahead and delete me. Anyways, I recently watched Canvas' accessibility video and was thrilled to learn about UDOIT. We have been using Sitemorse's snapshot which is unable to run in java so we were having to copy/paste HTML code and it was just a pain. 

However after going through and successfully deploying UDOIT to heroku I consistently get the same error: UDOIT failed to scan this course. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm unsure of where to go from here. It's really disappointing because there's just nothing else like this in Canvas and it sees like it is an incredibly powerful tool. 

61 Replies
tr_jbates
Community Champion

To test one of the generated API keys, just authorize UDOIT with your own account, then find your user's line in the `users` database table.  Copy the data from the api_key field and use it exactly as you would a normal api key in Postman or Canvas Live API.  Make sure you take a key from a user that has just used UDOIT; the keys expire after an hour.  If it doesn't work, there's some issue with your Developer Key.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to have you do.  It feels like there's something that got missed while translating the configuration from test to prod.

santhoshreddy

Good Evening, Jacob,

I have a small question. I deployed UDOIT in aws, where the default time zone is UTC. I have changed the timezone in the php.ini file to eastern(i.e America/New_York). When I do php.info, I can see the changes got reflected.  But after scanning the course, when I check the View Old Reports tab, the date and time are still displaying in UTC. 
Any suggestions?
In the below image, the time and date are supposed to show in Eastern time. 
I appreciate your help. 
299696_Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 4.37.41 PM.png

Would you recommend me to modify the timezone in the database as well? 

Good Morning, Jacob, I changed the database time zone, then the View Old Reports tab is displaying results in EST.  I am wondering if there is any other way that I can change display time on the application level, rather than changing on database level? 

Thank you.

I was just thinking you should look at the database timezone setting.  I think it's a good idea to set a display timezone for the app.  Maybe it could just work off of whatever PHP is set to rather than having a configuration value for the app?

After adding the default time zone in the settings.php file, the problem got solved. Now the View Old Reports tab is displaying date and time in EST. 

Thanks, Jacob.

Also, Developer made some changes to the saved_reports.php file.

Awesome!  I was already looking into the changes to make to that file.  Would your developer be interested in contributing their changes to the project?

rlzhang
Community Member

Sure Jacob. Santhosh passed your message to me.  I just twisted some change for our institution purpose on saved_resports.php to show local time zone, and would be happy to contribute the changes to the project if need.

Feel free to ping me the instruction to checked in the changes.   

Thanks,

Ruiling

Jacob,

Sorry for the delayed response; I had to wait for further testing since we don't change production Canvas configuration from finals week until after grade submission.

I tried re-creating the developer key and adding the LTI, but still had the same error.

No entry was created in the user table. So I deleted all data from all database tables and now it works fine.

I was also able to use the api_key as an access token in a Postman GET request.

The upgrade to 2.3.5 also worked.

Thanks for all your help.