cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_paddock
Community Participant

Anyone using Canvas and Mastery Connect?

Jump to solution

We're using Canvas as our main LMS, but we're adding Mastery Connect because of their partnership with a benchmark company that we're using. Has anyone used Mastery Connect with Canvas? The only thing I've been able to find is people putting an external link as a button. I'm much more interested in getting grades from Mastery Connect into Canvas.

For reference: MasteryConnect

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

@jason_paddock ​ it looks like you were soooooo on the right brainwave.

They recently announced an integration here.

Although I do not see it in the eduappcenter, yet. I have been told that you can contact your Mastery Connect rep and they can get you started.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jason_paddock ​, if you mean Pearson Connect, then nope, I don't believe it's possible other than as a single grade for all content in Connect. I recently worked for over a month with an Instructor and Pearson to try and get things working and didn't find out until the end that what we wanted wasn't possible. Smiley Sad

jason_paddock
Community Participant

Thanks for the reply. There's a separate tool called Mastery Connect that's primarily used for formative assessment and data analysis. I should have included a link in the original post.

MasteryConnect

Ah, so there is at least a chance that the grades might come in! Smiley Happy

To get more eyes looking at this I'm going to share it with the Deactivated user​ group in the Community.

jason_paddock
Community Participant

I hope. At the very least, I think we can do a manual import, but I'm wondering if someone out there has already figured out a better way to get grades and maybe even tighter integration.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jason_paddock ​, it's been a few weeks since we last heard from you on this, and unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the Community has thus far been able to additional insight on a tighter Mastery Connect integration. If you've made some progress on this on your own, would you take a few moments to update this thread on what you've discovered so far? And, have you reached out to the company to see what they can provide in the way of grade integration with Canvas?

mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

@jason_paddock ​ it looks like you were soooooo on the right brainwave.

Although I do not see it in the eduappcenter, yet. I have been told that you can contact your Mastery Connect rep and they can get you started.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hey Jason!

Great question Smiley Happy  The LTI integration between MasteryConnect and Canvas DOES allow for data passback - meaning grades will automatically pass back into Canvas from MasteryConnect assesments.

Here's a quick overview of the integration features:

- Single sign on: Launch MasteryConnect right from Canvas

- Deliver MasteryConnect Assessments via canvas: using the external tools, your students can take a MasteryConnect assessment without ever leaving Canvas!

- Data/Grade Passback: scores from these assessments will automatically transfer into your Canvas gradebook.

PLEASE NOTE: this integration does need to be turned on in MasteryConnect by your school or district admin.  Contact your MasteryConnect Rep for help on this if needed.  Here's a link to the help articles in MasteryConnect on Canvas integration!

Set Up Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) for Canvas – MasteryConnect Support Center

Deliver an Assessment Through Canvas – MasteryConnect Support Center

Happy Tracking Smiley Happy

@mcowen wrote:

@jason_paddock ​Mycfavisit it looks like you were soooooo on the right brainwave.

I hope this helps!

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing