cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qnguyen
Explorer

Add 2 email for Users by using SIS?

Hi All,

Is there a way to add 2 email into 1 User account in Canvas? I would like to update all 30,000 existing users by using SIS or .CSV file ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
chriscas
Adventurer II

Hi @qnguyen ,

Are these emails meant for notifications, or for logins?  If for logins, I believe thats possible with the logins.csv file.  If it's to put in their profile for notifications, I con't think that can be done with the CSV files.

-Chris

qnguyen
Explorer

@chriscasIt is for another email only, not log in. I wish they make another field for CSV such as Other contact..

chriscas
Adventurer II

Hi @qnguyen ,

Sorry I don't have a good solution for this one (I know it could be done with API, but you'd need to have someone who's good at scripting create something to do it).  I'm curious as to the use case for adding a second email to Canvas though,  Does your institution assign multiple email addresses to students or are you thinking about adding both an institution email and a personal email address for your users?

-Chris

Hi @chriscas 

Yes, our schools wanted to put both school and personal email into student Canvas's user accounts, but CVS. way only takes 1