Any Maple TA users? Problem with manual grades

jvanhof2
Community Novice

Any MapleTA users out there? If so, have you run into problems with manually over-written grades in Maple TA not syncing with the Canvas grade book? The major problem we have is that there is not a 100% marriage between MapleTA's grades and the Canvas grade book. When users manually edit grades in MapleTA those edits don't push back into the grade book (the grades that result from automatic grading do sync fine). MapleTA has acknowledged this flaw, and have told us there is no fix, though they are looking into it for future versions. I'm wondering how others have managed this. Do you have specific messaging or training around this? Have you developed a work-around?

Not to defend Maplesoft too much, but I think they may be running into a limitation of LTI here. I am not sure that there is a way to send grade information back when it is not directly associated with a resource (quiz) link that the student clicked from Canvas. Those resource links can be related to a specific user session which would not be available any more if an instructor is going in later to manually set a grade in MapleTA.