cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Assignment Group Filter for Analytics Beta

Hi there,

Having looked at the filtering options in the Analytics Beta it would be great to filter by Assignment Group and not just all Assignments.

This would enable us to view analytics for just summative tasks within the course rather than having to "find" the summative assignments within the graph.

Sorting by a single assignment only brings up that particular card and you loose the ability to do any comparisons ect.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

gharbor, I agree, but are you trying to have a conversation about this with other Admins or would you like to recommend to Canvas that this become a new feature/tool? If it’s the later, then you would want to post it in the Canvas Studio‌ as a new feature idea. 

Hope this helps! Kona

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Grant,

Thanks for taking the time to use the new Analytics beta and send us some feedback! I agree with the need to filter for summative vs. formative. 

One of the intentions of the assignment type filters at the bottom of the chart is to allow an instructor to remove the Assignments or Quizzes and just see the "regular" assignments. 

Assignment Type filters at bottom of chart:

293084_pastedImage_1.png

I want to make sure I'm understanding your scenario correctly. Would removing the Assignments to just see Quizzes using this filter meet your need OR are you saying within the "regular" assignments some are used for summative assessment and you've created specific assignment groups instead of quizzes for this purpose?

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

At our institution not all Assignments are "summative" we have heaps of examples where students are expected to upload work, drafts, general class tasks and other submissions which are not summative but rather formative tasks. 

I appreciate the ability to filter out the quizzes, but need to extra ability to filter by assignment group not just "all assignments.

I'm sure that we are not the only institute which is using "assignments" for formative tasks.

Thanks,

Grant

Highlighted

Excellent! That provides the clarity I needed. I'll see what we can do to add Assignment Groups to the filter.

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply and I've created a feature idea for this in the Studio because rcarney@instructure.com‌ suggested that this is the best way forward. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12850-analytics-beta-filter-by-assignment-group 

Really appreciate the dialogue though.

Thanks,

Grant

Labels