Canvas Community Mobile App

j_keegan
Community Novice

I'm reasonably recent to the Canvas Community and I have been slowly getting around, looking at things, asking questions, learning how to maximize the functionality of Canvas etc., etc.

The Canvas Community is a great place with a wealth of knowledge, build a profile and connect with other members from educational institutions around the world.

So, is there a Canvas Community App in the works? 

I know this is a big ask given the volume of content available, but having your own profile and access to push notifications/alerts would certainly allow us Canvas Community members feel more like a community.  

This seems like a reasonable place to start, with links to the Canvas Community and knowledge base from the App until someone comes up with a more effective idea on how these can be managed.

Reason: I received email notifications on replies to comments I made and I only was able to access them when I arrived at work (I only have a work account linked to my Canvas profile).  I know I could put in a number of work-arounds to get messages more quickly, but in an App driven world this would be a nice value-add for community members beyond competitors all whilst feeling connected.

(I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this)

EDIT: I just worked out how to create an idea open for voting (I told you I was new at this!)  You can find it here https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10195-canvas-community-mobile-app  and vote.

Labels (1)