cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edutech_is01
Surveyor II

Canvas Feature allowing a pop-up link in the Dashboard

I was being asked by one of our head in the school if it is possible to have a pop-up animated link that is displayed the moment a student load Canvas.  I was thinking how this will be done.  Any thoughts on this?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jlugo1
Explorer II

Hi edutech_is01,

I'm not sure if that is an option but hope it is.

In the meantime, you might consider using Notifications in Canvas. Go to Account in the Global navigation menu, click "Account Notification Settings." Scroll down to alerts.

Instructors and Admins can set alerts for Course enrollment, New account user, etc. The settings can be adjusted for immediate, daily, or weekly notifications and will go to your/their dedicated email.

Be well,

José

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @edutech_is01 ...

Could you describe what the pop-up animated link would look like in Canvas?  What is the goal with something like this?  Perhaps it might be best to post this as a new Feature Idea here in the Community?  I you wanted to do that, at the top of any page here in the Community, click on the PRODUCT menu, and then click on IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  You'll find a "Suggest an idea" button on that page to start your suggestion.

I hope that this will be of help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!