cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Canvas SCORM issue after the SCORM maintenance event 8th of October 2020

The link structure of all the SCORM links have changed after this maintenance event and they stopped working. Please HELP!

Labels (1)
21 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Same issue. This is happening at our institution as well. I'm an instructional designer, and one of my instructor's courses has 17 SCORM assignments. No students has been receiving credit since the SCORM Canvas maintenance done over the weekend. The most recent one was submitted a couple of hours before the EST maintenance period, and it looks like there are no submissions after that time, although several students have emailed saying that they submitted their work over the weekend and some have submitted work this morning and afternoon. None of them are showing in the grade book. It looks like they have not completed the assignments. This is a serious issue for this instructor's course. Does this have an immediate solution?

Highlighted
Learner

I have another thread here, I suspect it's the same issue - the SCORM update has broken reporting in many different ways. Best thing to do is to contact Instructure, I doubt there's any work-around. I've tried pretty much everything when it comes to Articulate (Rise and Storyline) in vain. 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Thanks for sharing your issues as well. Yes, I've reported it to Instructure and also to our CSM but we haven't heard back from them yet.

Highlighted
Surveyor

We have dozens of SCORM packages that are no longer reporting as completed across over 50 courses. 35+ hours of eLearning and learners aren't receiving credit for the work they are completing. This is resulting in a constant stream of user complaints and confusion directed to the instructor. 

Please help us rectify this situation as soon as possible. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

Adding to this as an other customer with this issue. Are there release notes on what changed with the scorm update?  And what settings we may need to change? For us only packages that report a score are working now.  Previous to the update we could do score or marking complete and pass back to the grade book.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Same issue here. Escalated this matter to CSM and no response yet. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Question for all of you...  we are quite new to incorporating Articulate Storyline into Canvas.  Are you all using the SCORM LTI (which our Customer Success Manager at Instructure had to enable for us) to load Articulate Storyline content into your courses?  I wrote up a process in this thread on how to load content...is this what you are doing and is now not working properly?  If so, what exactly is not working?

Highlighted

We are using Rise, so we produce Rise courses and within the Rise courses we have Storyline assignments. Rise courses get exported in SCORM zip files and set to pass once a user reachers 50% completion within the course. 

This usually results in a user navigating through half the course, then they receive 10 points within Canvas (Rise courses can only award 0% or 100%, ie. passed/failed or complete/incomplete or 0/100% or 0/X points). 

No matter what you do in the courses now, Rise courses are no longer communicating to Canvas via SCORM that the course is passed/completed. Data simply isn't being passed or there's an error preventing it from being passed to Canvas. Either way, users are left with a 0/incomplete/not started yet when they finish assignments.

Highlighted

Prior to the weekend update we would load our scorm packages as Graded activities.  For content that had embedded quizzing, we would pass the score. For non-quizzed we would pass completion based on content viewed and then show as checked in the gradebook.   Doing as ungraded for these never worked before for us, we had to go all Graded Activities to get it to mark in the gradebook. Now with the update these aren't working.  Will be testing now to see if loading as ungraded is the fix going forward.