cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Canvas SCORM issue after the SCORM maintenance event 8th of October 2020

The link structure of all the SCORM links have changed after this maintenance event and they stopped working. Please HELP!

Labels (1)
21 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Actually Instructure Support has come back to us saying their engineers are now looking to provide a fix probably a script to update all the broken SCORM links but couldn't provide a timeframe for it. So our business users who are managing courses with SCORM components have decided to update the links manually that points to our server.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

umm pls refresh page or reset you history or power off

mabey it will work im doing it but sorry if i be like one hour late becuse it minght be a virus ill be back 6 people are waiting and i haveto do it do those stuff if it DOES NOT WORK COME DOWM I WILL COME IN A SE SORRY FOR CAPS ITS STUCK.ILL COME BACK.

Highlighted

are work working if its not just clear your history and power of and see if it works im olny 9 amost 10 

Highlighted

Watching this thread, having the same issue - scorm 1.2 assignments were tracking fine until update was pushed out on 10/10.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Same issue here - any response from Canvas?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Surveyor

Same here. We have many courses at our institution that use SCORM and faculty are reporting issues with the gradebook not recording as complete.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Same here. Have had SCORM files uploaded for months and all worked and now none are reporting back.

I found that the few Storyline files I have that use javascript to report a custom variable to Canvas still work, but anything that uses the normal reporting function is just broken.

I logged a support call but have had nothing back.

Highlighted
Learner

I've been on the phone this morning with Canvas support. I now have a case in level 2 engineering, I think they call it. From what I could gather this morning, nothing has been done about the issue yet and I'm not sure they know how much their update has broken.

So, I would advice you all to push for answers to your support cases so they understand the gravity of the issue. I'll keep you posted if they do/say anything. 

Highlighted

The process you describe in the link is exactly the process I use. Since 10-10-20, I have not tried adding new Storyline assignments. The issue is with those already in the course. Mine would previously send a grade to the canvas gradebook once the users got to the final slide. Now, Canvas is not reflecting anything in the gradebook after completing the lesson.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi everyone. I have finally figured out a fix that is working well for us for Storyline to report to the gradebook, adapted from some tips I found in the Articulate community. First, I made sure that I was using the most up to date Articulate 360 Storyline version. Then I did the following:

• Added a results slide
  • Under the Results Tool, Design tab, make sure it's set to Final Assessment
  • For Tracking, I selected "When the learner completes a quiz" and "using triggers" (I selected Complete Course, and created a "Submit Activity" button on the results slide as the Complete Course trigger)
  • Option 1: For a workaround to make the quiz grade as Complete/Incomplete, I set the Passing Score to 0% and enforced the slide order, so as long as students at least attempt the quiz and get to the end, they get the credit
    • Option 2: For the other quizzes is we set 100% to be passing and added a Retry Quiz button to the results slide to make sure students get the correct answers in order to receive the full points. There are only 3-5 questions per short interactive presentation in this case)
  • In Reporting, I set the output to SCORM 2004, 4th edition. For LMS Reporting, I selected Passed/Incomplete.
  • We also always set our SCORM presentations to open in a new window, both in the presentation settings and in Canvas. I don't think this will affect the grade reporting, but I haven't tested it.

This solution cleared up the issue of reporting in Canvas. These practice informal assessments in my instructor's course are only worth 5 points and a small percentage of their grade. She uses them as participation points, so as long as students complete them, they receive the points. This is a flipped classroom, so students also have to practice applying these concepts in class, so it's worth the effort to complete them.

Here's where I originally found the solution from Sean O'Brien in the comments of this post: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/articulate-is-not-sending-scores-t... 

I hope this helps!