Enrollment State Confusion (Completed, Concluded, Inactive, Prior Enrollments)

Jump to solution
millerjm
Community Champion

Hi All,

I'm noticing that there is some differences in terminology that is already confusing staff in my office...and if you see the last screenshot for some reason the term name goes away from the user's enrollment list when a user is inactive in the course.

157849_2016-01-20_14-37-07.png2016-01-20_14-37-07.png

If an active student in the class is marked as "concluded" by clicking on "Conclude this enrollment"

there are several different ways that this can be referred to:

• The SIS csv file must say "completed" as the status (not concluded)
  • Prior Enrollments page has them listed and on the page for the user, it says "Conclude" or "Reinstate" this user
  • The Users page with the course list says "Inactive" (which is the most confusing part since there is now an inactive state"

158218_2016-01-20_14-41-07.png2016-01-20_14-41-07.png

Now the actual issue that I noticed with an inactive enrollment is that the term seems to go away in the user's list of enrollments:

158222_2016-01-20_14-42-49.png2016-01-20_14-42-49.png

If I need to open up a ticket or a feature idea, please let me know.I also posted as a comment to   but that is a feature idea and it's getting kind of long. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi Joni,

I've been looking into your post today. I just tested this in both the beta and production environments and aren't able to replicate what you're reporting. After changing an enrollment to inactive, and then viewing the course in the student's enrollments list at the account level (account/xxxxxx/user/xxxxxx), I was able to view the term associated with the course as well as the inactive state. For concluding a course I could still view the course term and the completed state.

I am wondering if you would be willing to try again from your end and  reconfirm if you are still seeing this behavior?

Thanks!

Erin

View solution in original post