Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qnguyen
Explorer

Give extra time for special case with Quiz

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have some student who need extra time while doing quiz/test , how can we give them an Exception like in Blackboard?

The rest of the class take the test for 20 minutes. While Mr. A will get 50 minutes. We would like to set it right from the beginning, not through Moderate.

One of the forum here in Canvas talking about Extend time by going to Moderate Quiz but it doesn't have all option as in the latest Canvas version

Here is old link I found

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2984

Thanks

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@qnguyen ​, the only reason I can think that you wouldn't see the option to add extra time is that the quiz being moderated does not have a time limit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@qnguyen ​, the link you provided is indeed the current guide that explains how to moderate a quiz: Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?  To give Mr. A an extra 30 minutes for each quiz (on top of the 20 every other student receives), the instructor needs to navigate to each quiz separately and moderate it in order to give Mr. A the extra time he requires.

Canvas doesn't currently have a function that allows an instructor to set extra time for a single student across all quizzes. You might be interested in adding your feedback to the feature idea It is currently archived, but is definitely on the product team's radar. You can "follow" the idea to receive updates as they occur.

stefaniesanders​ thanks for your clarification, that links showed all we needed, sorry, but somehow our quiz only show the Extra Attempts option, no Extra time as shown in the link.

Thanks

@qnguyen ​, the only reason I can think that you wouldn't see the option to add extra time is that the quiz being moderated does not have a time limit.

View solution in original post

Hi all,

Yes that is what it is Smiley Happy

Thanks all