cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Google spreadsheet that makes Canvas API calls

I am the system admin for Shelby County Schools ,it has been a year since we switched to Canvas , I am curious to know how many Google spreadsheet that makes Canvas API calls are available. I used one to modify due date and exploring Course Analysis Tool. Any assistance is welcome.

Thanks.Smiley Happy

14 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi kansalak@scsk12.org​,

I don't know what your exact needs are, but I stumbled on to this github project: GitHub - whitmer/gsheet_canvas_api: Canvas API access within Google Spreadsheets and have been able to successfully make api calls from within Google Sheets.

Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Hi kansalak@scsk12.org​, in case MS Excel would also be an option for you, have a look at Download data to Excel using VBA and the API (workbook with code attached) which someone with a bit of VBA knowledge would be able to make specific to your needs for reading from or writing data to Canvas. Automated progress report of students in modules is an extention to that. Perhaps this might be useful to you.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kansalak@scsk12.org​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

Highlighted

Not sure this is the best place to ask this question, but I just tried using the course analytics sheet. I got it to work, except for one thing. When populating the Modules tab, I got the following error and no data was returned:

Message details
TypeError: Cannot call method "split" of undefined
Highlighted

It has been a while since I have worked on the code... but it is used by our staff and it keeps chugging along.

Can you test it against a different course and let me know if you get the same error?