Help menu

Jump to solution
richard_wildhir
Community Novice

Hey, there. I thought I posted this yesterday, but I can't find any record of it. Novice user, I guess.

I'm a Canvas admin on the open source version. Of course, there is no help menu or icon on the global navigation strip. Is there a way to add a help menu? I don't want options to go to Instructure, but rather our local help folks. Can that be done or do I need someone with programming experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @richard_wildhir  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, you did indeed post this yesterday, and it's here:

Establish and modify a help menu 

Since your question was about open source, we shared it with the Canvas Developers‌ group on your behalf—and their replies will appear right under the question. In other words, you won't need to join the group to see the replies in that thread, but if you'd like to join it, click on the link to the group and select Join Group from the Actions dropdown at the upper right of the group home page.

We've now shared that question with this group (Canvas Admins) as well to further broaden its exposure.

We encourage anyone with suggestions for Richard to post to https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/32571-establish-and-modify-a-help-menu . We've locked this conversation so we can prevent duplicative and/or parallel threads from developing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes