cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prmjohnson
Community Member

How can we keep Conference recordings for longer than 14 days?

Jump to solution

Dear Community,

Does anyone know how we can keep Conference recordings for longer than 14 days? I thought there was a fee associated with it, but do we contact Canvas or Big Blue Button? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Surveyor

If you don't want to pay, and you don't mind storing the videos locally, you can always right-click on them and save them.

As for who to contact to set up a paid account with BigBlueButton, I'm not exactly sure but I would start with your Customer Success Manager.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
awilliams
Surveyor

If you don't want to pay, and you don't mind storing the videos locally, you can always right-click on them and save them.

As for who to contact to set up a paid account with BigBlueButton, I'm not exactly sure but I would start with your Customer Success Manager.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your response, Adam! I don't see an option to right-click to

download the recording. The only option from the gear is to delete. I will

contact our CSM. Thanks!

I'm going to mention  @ffdixon ​  so that you can talk to him about setting up a paid account with BBB.

There is no way to save the recordings with the standard BBB integration.   We've been using a paid account now for about 6 months and are very happy with the service.

Thanks, Kona! I will make the contact. Thanks again!

Regards,

Maria Johnson

Upper School Educational Technology Coordinator

McDonogh School

mjohnson@mcdonogh.org

443-544-7421

Twitter: @prmjohnson

Email the Computer Consultants <us-computer-consultants@mcdonogh.org>

Tech Blog <https://sites.google.com/a/mcdonogh.org/tech-blog/home>

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 10:02 PM, kona@richland.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

tara
Community Member

Hi Maria,

Yes, as Mark mentioned, you can contact Fred Dixon (ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com), he's the product manager for BigBlueButton.  You can also contact myself for more information on how to store recordings longer than 14 days.

Here's a link to what our premium tier of hosting includes:  http://blindsidenetworks.com/instructure/

Take care!

Cindy_Masek
Community Member

We have used BBB for almost a year and Fred Dixon is wonderful to work with. Unfortunately our firewall restrictions are extremely tight since our IT services are provided by the Medical Center we reside within that we are unable to work with BBB's practices of using many IP addresses.

Our institution requires a set and limited range of IP's for which they make specific exceptions.  It is an uncommon and frustratingly restrictive approach but highly effective way to protect an internal environment.  When we told Mr. Dixon we were going to have to drop our subscription he was as gracious and accommodating as ever.

Does this mean I can claim Kona's level and points in the community?  :smileygrin:

LOL... don't worry  @canvas_admin ​ you got all the credit! The only reason my name was attached to this question was that the post initially went into moderation and I'm the one who approved it. Smiley Wink

Whoops! Sorry, Mark! Thanks to all who responded. I spoke to Fred today

and we have a game plan. Thanks again!

On Sep 17, 2015 3:45 PM, "canvas.admin@rts.edu" <instructure@jiveon.com>