cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I resend a Canvas Invitation to a Student that has never logged in?

I see how to resend a Course Invitation, but how do I resend the Canvas invite?

Also, I see Course invites when I sign on Canvas.  Is there any way to send a course invite as an email to the student?

Thanks

Jenny McGrail

Holy Family Academy

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mcgrail.jennifer@hfa-pgh.org, I'm not sure if there is a difference between a course invitation and a Canvas invite. Aren't they the same thing? In my experience (and I just tested it) when you resend a course invitation another email gets sent out as well as the alert/notification on the top of the page in Canvas.

Highlighted
Community Member

thanks for your response

When we send out Course Invites--it only appears on the Dashboard when they log into Canvas.  No email is being sent.  So the student has to log into Canvas and then they see the Course Invite on their Dashboard.

We have not preset student passwords--so the Canvas invite contains a link which prompts the student to create their own password.

I see that Course Invites can be resent--but I want to resend the Canvas invite.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Dear Jenny,

Click on People and to the right of each person's name, there is an edit feature. Click on this and choose resend. I will say that until this summer whenever I created a course and added a teacher, the teacher received an invite to join the course through their college email account and, though an admin, I was also added as an instructor (which I liked). At some point in the last month or so, this practice was stopped  and now only when someone logs in who's been invited  to join,  will that person see the invite. And I am no longer added as a teacher-I have to invite myself and then log in to accept the invite.

I would like the option of sending an email too, but have no clue if this still can be done. Hope this helps.

HowtoResendInvitetoCanvas.png

Highlighted
Surveyor

I think she means the original registration email.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mcgrail.jennifer@hfa-pgh.org,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love (especially questions that are really, really old) and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Highlighted
Community Member

I am also trying to find the answer to Jenny's original question - how do you resend the invite to the Canvas LMS? We also do not preset student passwords, so they need to follow the link in the registration email to set their password. I can only find a way to resend a course invite, not the Canvas registration email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Try this...  As an admin, search for the new user, Act As the user, go to the user's Account > Settings. Do you see information box below the settings that says...

"Before you can edit your profile, you need to verify your email address (email@address.com) by clicking the link in the email we sent you. If you don't see it, click to re-send the email, and make sure to check your spam box."

If you do, click the re-send link and I think that will regenerate the user account registration email.

0 Kudos