cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to Create a Course Index Where Students can Join Courses

Here is how to create a course index where students can join courses:

1. Go into  “Admin” “Settings” then “Featured Options” and turn on “Public Course Index.
  2. In the course settings make sure you have checked  “Include this course in the public course index”
  3. Click on “more options” on the course settings page and check both:

a. “Let students self-enroll by sharing with them a secret URL or code” and

b. “Add a "Join this Course" link to the course home page”

1. You will now have a course index at yoursite.com/search/all_courses where students will be able to view and join courses
  2. On the course settings page if you set “Visibility” to “Institution” students will be able to see the entire course but if it set to “Visibility” to “Course” they will need to join the course before they view it.    
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for posting this.
I've just been searching for a way to make a Pre-Enrolment LLN Course + assessment to students before they enrol in the main course. 

My only issue is that I do not get the last two options needed - self enrol and join this course. Ive enabled the public index at the admin level and ensured the course itself is public and that it is checked for including on the public index. 

Any ideas on what I might have missed?

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Highlighted

Perfect! thank you for the links.

Everything works as it should now.

Cheers

Joel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor II

I am excited to test this process out.

Dr. John Boekenoogen

University of Oklahoma

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor II

I don't see the Course Index option in the Admin>Settings>Feature Options. Has this moved or is there another way to turn this on for my institution?

0 Kudos
Labels