cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kthiagarajapill
Community Member

I would like to know how many universities have used Dropout detective and how you all find it?

The efficiency of installing Dropout detective vs the analytics available in Canvas at the moment of student interaction and engagement. 

13 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kthiagarajapill ...

I'm going to tag  @Chris_Munzo  and  @kim  in this reply as they might be able to help answer some of your questions.

Chris_Munzo
Adventurer

Thanks,  @chofer ‌ -- hello  @kthiagarajapill ‌.  I am happy to answer any direct questions you may have about Dropout Detective, and to put you in touch with existing clients that can comment on our relationship.  I'll reach out to you directly via email...thank you!

laurakgibbs
Surveyor

If I recall correctly,  @kona ‌'s school is a long-time user of Dropout Detective (although I am not 100% sure I am remembering that correctly!)

Laura -- You are correct!  Kona (Richland Community College) was our first-ever client over five years ago and is still with us today!

Boekenoogen
Learner II

I think that it is a great product. I just don't like the price. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kthiagarajapill , yes, we are long time users of Dropout Detective and are very happy with the product, and feel the price is very cost effective for what is provided (this became even more obvious after comparing it to other products and their pricing and features). As for the installation, it’s so quick and easy it left me asking if we missed something. We hadn’t, it’s just that quick and easy to get it up and going. 🙂

I’m happy to answer any other questions you have!

Kona

dgrobani
Adventurer III

Piling on, we at Samuel Merritt University are also very happy with Dropout Detective.

kthiagarajapill
Community Member

Thank you all for your responses. It is indeed very helpful for me to report back to my team.

If I have any more questions will ask in this forum once again.

Cheers.

miltonv
Community Member

Dropout Detective has been a great addition to our college for student retention.  Our advisors really like how easy it is to send Canvas messages to students right from within DD.  And if students have Canvas set up to send text notifications to their phone, the advisors can utilize text messaging.  Students really respond to text messages!  Faculty like the ability to trigger the advisor alerts and appreciate the immediate notification when an advisor acknowledges the alert and posts a note.  Seeing the number of zero grades, missing assignments, last access, last date of attendance are all very helpful for the advisors in order to work with students on success strategies.  And the system is so easy to implement!  We are really excited about the new multiple dashboards available for fall.  Our advisors are anxious to put this feature to good use.  Kim, Chris and the entire AspirEdu team have been great and respond to questions quickly.  I've even had the opportunity to meet some of their programmers at InstructureCon.  It is a really great tool for schools concerned with identifying and practicing early intervention for student retention.