Importing Blackboard tests with Hotspot Questions

MikeBrinkman
Community Participant

I have been testing out exporting tests & question pools from Blackboard into Canvas. While most things seem to come over correctly, one thing I haven't been able to figure out is hotspot questions.

I imported a test from Blackboard into Canvas using the classic quizzes, and the quiz engine notified me that hotspot questions weren't supported using the classic quizzes engine. I changed my quiz engine over to new quizzes, exported the pool from Blackboard as a QTI 2.1 file, then imported the content into the new quiz. Unlike the classic quiz, the new quiz did not even import the hotspot questions. It simply ignored them when it imported the other questions. Was there something I missed in the process?

If this is a feature that isn't supported, that is fine. I'm trying to set expectations for our faculty when they try to import their tests. If only certain question types will import (multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, essay, etc.), that will be helpful for them to know, and hopefully reduce any anxiety that could arise during our move.

0 Likes